Saturday, December 4, 2010

About This Blog

Hello, I'm Ryan, and I am an ordained minister within the Universal Life Church, a non-denominational church which takes the stance that what you do is more important than what you believe. I'm an agnostic atheist, and I want more people to understand both what that means and why I take that position. I am not evil, and i don't "hate God." If asked, "Do you hate unicorns?" you would, most likely, respond with an, "Of course not!" Likewise, I do not hate God, I just don't believe he is real. In future posts, I will explain what agnostic atheism is, various reasons I do not believe that a god exists, as well as reasons why I would not worship this god even if he did exist. I hope to discuss popular theistic arguments and fallacies, and ways in which they are flawed, such as the ever-popular Pascal's Wager and the ontological argument. I do not have any scheduled plan for my posts, I won't commit to making posts daily or on scheduled days, but i will try to post at least once a week. Some days, on which I either have extra time or am procrastinating, I may make multiple posts. I will respond to most comments, not including those telling me I'm a sinner or that God loves me. While I understand this may be said with good intentions, I have no way of knowing which imaginary god you are referring to, and the comment is useless to me.

ebaumsworld.com

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan, I am also an agnostic atheist and would also not worship a god if one were discovered to exist. I think I will find that I am in total agreement with your future arguments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pointed your way and look forward to seeing what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rose
    I know this is wayyyy late for a response, but thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terribly sorry if this post sounds wrong or if you hate me because of it. I understand if this makes you mad or if you call me an idiot. I want you to know I am praying for you Ryan. Yes I am a Christian. I am. I see where your posts and arguments come from, but nothing this blog says makes a ton of sense to me. I am sorry if that sounds bad. I have never met you and I never will but know I will be praying for you. God loves you, I want you to know that.

    God Bless you
    I am praying

    ReplyDelete